- Take a bubble bath. Bonus points for candles and a chilled glass of Moscato.
- Get a spray tan. You'll instantly feel prettier and skinnyer. And at least you'll look like you just had a tropical vacay.
- Eat a fancy piece of cheesecake.
- Add whipped cream to your morning coffee beverage. So what if it adds an extra 100 calories, that's what makes it special!
- Buy the expensive lipgloss. True, Maybelline's does the same thing for 1/4 of the price... but you'll feel giddy evertime you swipe in on.
- Put down whatever you're studying (it CAN wait) and instead read your favorite magazine cover to cover. In bed. In PJs.
- Do something unexpectedly nice for someone. Nothing beats that oowy gooey do-gooder feeling.
- Wear sexy lingerie every day. Why wear cotton when lace is just as comfy?
- On occassion, get something new and trendy to improve your home's decor. A candle, picture frame, lamp shade, whatever. Beautiful surroundings= beautiful life.
- Give yourself a pedicure. With glitter nail polish. It will take you back to childhood.
- Invest in high-count sheets. Everytime you get in bed you will feel like you're at a 5-star hotel. Pure bliss.
- Make a pitcher of homemade lemonade. So delish.
- Call an old friend. You'll likely be laughing for hours after about old times.
- Take a weekend road trip somewhere new. Explore.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
I haven't posted anything lately because I have been so busy, which actually inspired this post. Young women today are busier than ever and we often forget to take time to actually enjoy our lives, to indulge in life. The majority of us spend our time working hard at our jobs and/or at school. We work hard to improve ourselves to make things better for ourselves in the future. What about now? Too many of us starve ourselves of indulgences which we truely deserve. Okay, so obviously we can't just quit our jobs and move to St.Lucia but there are small ways to squeeze a little something special into every day. I'm going to share some things that add a little special spice to my everyday life, I encourage you all to try some of them out!