;;beauty;;style;;travel;;food;;;fitness;;recipes;;;college;;romance;;;books;;life;;;success;;glamour;;opinions;;fabulous;;;reviews;;20somethings;;;passion;;etc;;

Saturday, September 3, 2011

$14 Outfit Alert!

Sale Time! I'm a huge fan on getting clothing at a great price. In high school my best friend and I had a mantra: "If it ain't bargain, we don't buy it!". We were also two of the most stylish girls at our school (if I do say so myself). The junior's store Rue21 is a hidden gem for sales. It can take some effort to find the good goods because a lot of their clothing is tacky and poorly made but there are certainly stylish, fun items mixed in.



On my past trip I found:
A pair of cutoff jean shorts $3
A vintage looking printed shawl $4
A pair of heels $5
A statement necklace $2
Total damage: $14

Simply add a cami and you have a complete outfit for under $15. Wow.

Tips for shopping Rue 21:
-Head for the back! Like most stores, Rue has their sale racks in the back.... this is where you want to be!
-Check back often.... their sale prices change regularly
-They usually give you coupons that can be used on future dates when you checkout, these typically don't apply to sale items. I have found they aren't worth using.
-Don't forget to look for the shoe and accessories sales. I've gotten cute shoes for $2 in the past.
-The checkout girl will try to sell you one of their fragrance for $10. Don't. They smell good but fade almost instantly.
-The men's side also has good sales, pick up something for your man!

No comments:

Post a Comment